A quick countdown timeline for all of you newly engaged couples out there! These aren't set rules, but just some things to bear in mind.
- Begin by working out your overall budget
- Start to look for venues
- Work out some good dates
- Write a rough guest list to work out an approximate number of guests
- Put together a mood board of some ideas you like – Pinterest is great for this
- Consider hiring a wedding planner – get in touch and come and chat through what you're looking for
- Consider the legalities – Church/ Town Hall/ Venue? Do you need a registrar?
- Choose your wedding entourage – bridesmaids & ushers, flower girls and pageboys
- Compile a list of guests you want to invite
- Visit potential venues and book as early as you can
- Search for save the dates (maybe commission a stationery designer) and send them out
- Scout out some accommodation nearby for you and your guests
- Begin the hunt for the dress and order it - some take almost 12 months to arrive
- Start to search for photographers/ videographers
- Consider wedding insurance
- Pull together some approximate timings - what time will guests arrive? How long will your reception last? What time would you like to sit for dinner? When would you like your speeches? What time would you like the bar open until? This doesn’t have to bet set in stone but its very helpful for suppliers - your wedding planner can do this for you!
- Now is the time to start thinking about food and drink (one of the most exciting parts!) If your chosen venue doesn’t have in an house caterer, you can choose someone who really fits your style!
- Consider the following things: What food would you like there to be served on the day; canapés, 3 courses – plated or sharing style, a food station, midnight food?
- Drinks-wise – would you like champagne for the reception or cocktails? What styles of wines would you like to serve with dinner. After dinner would you like cocktails and an open bar?
- Have some approximate timings to hand so your quote can be as accurate as possible
- If you'd like one, find a wedding cake designer, taste a couple of different flavours and order your cake
- Research and book your wedding entertainment – band, DJ, magician etc.
- Try on and order the groomsmen's and bridesmaid's attire
- Meet your photographer/ videographer – maybe have an engagement shoot to get to know them
- Start to think about your hair and make up – research some make-up artists and hairdressers and book
- Start to think about the look of the venue – this is the perfect time to hire a stylist! Share your ideas with us, show us the venue and we can design a proposal. We can help you find a florist. Think about bouquets, buttonholes and overall décor (consider all venues if ceremony and reception are separate)
- Order your wedding rings
- Plan your honeymoon
- Discuss your order of service with your officiant
- Choose and order your invitations (if using a stationery designer now is the time to choose a theme which will be used throughout the day too).
- Buy your wedding shoes and any accessories
- Think about wedding favours (if you’re having them)
- Have a food tasting! Finalise your menu and choose what drinks you'd like to serve.
- Send your wedding invitations
- Begin to finalise your timings for the day
- Book your transport for the day if required
- Buy any gifts for your wedding party
- Write your vows if you are choosing to do so
- Collate your RSVPs and calculate your guest numbers. Start to do your table plan - this takes longer than you think!
- Have your hair and make up trials - try to have them on the same day if possible so you know what they look like together
- Go for a final dress fitting
- Send any song requests to your band/ DJ
- Finalise your table plan
- If you've planned your day yourselves, but just need someone to pull everything together and coordinate your suppliers on the day - then now is the time to get in touch! We can then take care of the rest for you.
- Confirm your schedule with all of your suppliers
- Order your "on-the-day" stationery – order of ceremony, menus, placement cards
- Confirm your final guest numbers and any dietary requirements
- Order any meals required for your photographer, band, wedding planner etc.
- Have a ceremony rehearsal
- Prepare your speeches
- Provide your caterer with your table plan (highlighting anyone with dietary requirements if possible)
- Send us, your caterer or your venue your placement cards, menus and favours to set them out on the day
- Phone all of your suppliers to confirm all of the details
- Pick up all of the wedding outfits
- Pick up your wedding rings and give to ring bearer
- Feel excited!
- Relax and enjoy some pre-wedding pampering
The Big Day
- Let go, enjoy every moment and have the best day of your life with your family and friends